Stress Management Training Course - 1 Day
Stress management training open courses in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Gatwick, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Cambridge, Leicester
Development training courses:
London - Heathrow 11th April 2013 [Sold Out]
Time: 8:45 tea/coffee for a 9:00 start – 4:30 finish
In House Course: from £1,500 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
Stress is not a disease.
Too many people assume that ALL stress is
But the truth is that: Many times, if it is managed, then stress is
Because stress can be a stimulant to adaptive
- Lifting weights is a stressor that induces an increase in
- An exam is a stress that induces more studying.
- A stress action creates an equal adaptive reaction
So stress is good.
So why the negative press over stress?
Because too much stress can be bad
The inability to handle stress can mean the person is ineffectual even
under moderate conditions.
So you should learn how to do three things
- How to make stress work for you: as a stimulant to
- How to avoid an overexposure to negative stress.
- How to manage your mind, body and spirit, to absorb the various
stressors and make stress a tonic, rather than a toxic mix.
Learn the definition of stress:
A stress is a
mental, emotional or material event that triggers an adaptive response in a
Learn about the “The General Adaptation Syndrome”
"The General Adaptation Syndrome” is the theory that underpins the whole
science of stress management.
The general adaptation syndrome is a three part model that explains the
body’s reaction to a stressor.
- Alarm reaction
- Adaptation response
Learn about the "The total load" principle
load is the measure of all the stressors, from all realms of your life,
which are acting on you at any given moment.
- Work stress
- Home life stress
- Relationships etc.
You need to take account of the fact that you are an integrated being:
not able to totally separate your life’s compartments. I.e. work stress is
likely to affect home life, and vice versa.
Learn about the "The optimum zone" principle
optimum zone is the target zone.
The optimum zone is the level of stress that allows you to work at your
greatest efficiency because you are balancing the:
- Intensity of the stress
- The duration of the stress
- The frequency of the stress
Understand the "The optimum zone" and you will have one of the solutions
to the stress management problem.
Learn about "The Recovery ability
ability is a measure of your resilience to stress.
Recovery ability is made up of three parts:
- Your psychology
- Your physiology
- Your environment
Learn about additional solutions to stress management.
- How to handle the stressor's that form a part of your work life.
- How to handle your physical response during stressful times.
- How to handle your emotional response during stressful times.
How can you manage things so that stress works for the team as a
stimulant to greater productivity?
Summary and personal action plan
Very interesting- Particularly memory techniques. The trainer's presentation: Good.
Delegate: Ruth Fraser
Company: Worcestershire County Council
The training method follows this general pattern:
The training is very interactive and interesting
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment
by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can
relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
your High Street Vouchers up to £25 per booking
Very interesting and thought provoking. Good, practical application. The trainer's presentation: Inspiring and logical.
Delegate: Beverly Thorogcod
Company: RAF Wittering
Price for open training course
The open training course costs only £375 +VAT per delegate per day. For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course.
Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 (0) 1452 856091.
Register an interest in attending this
stress management training course
stress management training course to a friend
View all of Corporate Coach Groups Management Training Courses