Staff Appraisal Interview Training
Professional development training open courses in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Gatwick, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Cambridge, Leicester
A “Staff appraisal Interview” in this context means, “A form of business communication, the purpose of which is to enable the interviewer(s) to gather enough information to make an accurate decision regarding the development of an employee”.
If a staff appraisal interview is to be effective, you should have definite a method.
Unprepared interviews result in costly decisions.
Planned interviews result in profitable decisions.
Our goal is to determine what makes an effective interview and then, practice the skills needed to make it possible.
Staff Appraisal Interview course content
Know your outcome
Eligible vs suitable?
- Physical environment
Communication skills for interviews
- Remove the fear.
- Set the context.
- Ask questions rather than make statements.
- Listen with intent to understand.
- “Answers” v “responses” to questions.
- Watch for inconsistencies
Remember the law
Staff appraisal interview techniques - summary and action plan
The training method follows this general pattern:
The training is very interactive and interesting
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment
by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can
relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
your High Street Vouchers up to £25 per booking
Please call The Corporate Coach Training Group today on 01452 85609