James Alan: Man is a growth by law, and not a creation by artifice, and cause and effect is as absolute and undeviating in the hidden realm of thought as in the world of visible and material things...
Leadership Management Training Course - 2 Days
Leadership and management training open courses in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Gatwick, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Cambridge, Leicester
Development training courses:
Leeds - 29th & 30th May 2013
Birmingham - 12th & 13th June 2013
London - Kensington 26th & 27th June 2013
Bristol - 3rd & 4th July 2013
Manchester - 17th & 18th July 2013
London, Heathrow - 24th & 25th July
Time: 8:45 tea/coffee for a 9:00 start – 4:30 finish
Two day open course: £750 +VAT per delegate
In house course: from £1,500 +VAT per day for up to fifteen delegates
Please note all our leadership training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
As the team leader or manager, you know that, on the technical level, you are very good. In your role as an effective and inspirational leader-manager, you recognise that there may be some gaps. Now you are searching for a method to help you to improve your skills as a team-leader and manager.
If you are looking for a practical 'success formula' that will help you develop your personal management and leadership skills - this is the course you've been looking for!
We will show you practical methods to help you become more
effective and confident.
The purpose of the training is to improve performance and create a
friendly and productive working atmosphere.
To create and sustain a positive mental attitude, especially during tough times.
To inspire others and create a positive, productive atmosphere.
Day One - Leadership Management Training:
How do you get
the best from yourself and others?
How to handle
Develop the six
key leadership management skills
How to develop
message in advance
The accurate use
critic from the cynic
compromise and when not to
Define your most
Day Two - Leadership Management Training:
attitude. How it affects tangible results
"deadline pressure" and "value"
between being "busy" and being "productive"
according to its value and deadline pressure
The value of
interruptions and distractions
situations into positive
and correct prioritisation
final summary close.
principle and its application to time management
Very relevant and thought-provoking on a business and personal level. The trainer's presentation: Good mix of listening and doing to re-enforce learning.
Delegate: Caroline Jame Company: Worcestershire county coucil
Testimonials from previous delegates
Leadership training - Day One AM
How do you get the best from yourself and others?
Answer: Develop these six leadership-management abilities:
The ability to
1. Set and achieve your goals.
2. Communicate with more clarity, confidence and persuasiveness.
3. Properly plan, prioritise, prepare and delegate your work.
4. Properly manage difficult personalities and conflict situations
5. Motivate and inspire yourself so that you feel strong and confident even during tough times.
6. Learn to motivate and inspire others and create a productive work-atmosphere.
Let us take each of these leadership-management abilities in turn:
The first quality of leadership and management is to become a goal focused individual
1. Goal focus is the one thing that makes the biggest difference.
2. Perfect the ability to set, communicate and achieve your goals.
3. Decide how you want to be perceived and act accordingly
Notes and then practice
The second quality of leadership and management is to become a master communicator
1.To communicate with clarity and enthusiasm
2. Leadership requires accurate language
3. You need clear, not vague, definitions of your most important ideas
4. Clarity is a virtue. Vagueness is a vice
5. Speak about what you can do, not what you cannot / won’t do
6. Develop the art of asking the right questions
Leadership training - Day One PM
Conflict Management Training
Because other people don’t share your views, occasional conflict is inevitable.
How you handle conflict is an all-important question.
You need to know how to do the following
• Use reason and logic to resolve conflict; not anger or upset
• Know when to compromise and when not to
Proper conflict management requires that you:-
1. Always protect their “self-concept”
2. Tell them precisely what is wrong in non-emotional terms
3. Give them a way out of the conflict situation
4. Be objective and specific, not emotional and inflammatory
5. Distinguish between reasons and excuses and have a different policy for each
6. Know when to negotiate and when not to
Ten tips for constructive conflict management
Leadership training summary Action plan.
Day Two - Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
Leadership training - Day Two AM
Time management training
What is the best use of your time right now?
Use the two principles of “deadline pressure” and “value” as key indicators.
1. Q1 Crisis zone
2. Q2 Productive zone
3. Q3 Busy zone
4. Q4 Fruitless zone
Distinguish between being “Busy” and being “Productive”
Handling the three time wasters
1. Other people’s interruptions
2. Your own bad habits
3. Poor or non-existent management systems
1. Good reasons to delegate
2. Bad reasons to delegate
3. How to delegate
4. Why people who should delegate - don’t
Manage your priorities by means of a decision matrix.
Answer the question: What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
Manage interruptions by means of the 80/20 principle
1. The Pareto time management principle states that 80% of the value comes from 20% of the causes
2. 80% of the value of the interruption will be in 20% or less of what they say
3. Manage the interruption using the “Pareto question”
Leadership training - Day Two PM
Leadership training - developing a positive mental attitude
Positive mental attitude training and how it affects tangible results
Leadership and management requires that you are able to direct the focus of your mind so that you create the optimum emotional responses appropriate to the circumstance that face you.
Emotional management requires that you
• Don’t succumb to undue pessimism and fear
• Don’t overdose on fretting over things that have already happened
• Fix your mind on the moment and on your goals and – mentally- look forwards
The self-fulfilling prophecy
How your inner thoughts affect your outer circumstances
How to create and sustain a positive mental attitude
1. Control the content of your mind
2. Control the content of your conversation
3. Control the content of their conversation
How to create more energy
Energy is defined as the capacity to do work
Some people don’t have sufficient energy to properly do their work.
How to generate more energy.
The EDISON success formula
All successful action can be described by the following five words:
1. The Purpose: is the goal
2. The Plan: is what you are going to do about the goal
3. The Action: is the implementation of the plan
4. The Feedback: is the results of the actions you take
5. The Change: is the adjustment in the plans and actions, based on the feedback results you are getting
Learn the difference between feedback information and insult.
Negative feedback is part of the success formula.
But negative feedback should be constructive criticism: NOT destructive insult.
The differences between:
1. Negative feedback.
2. Derogatory insult.
In order to inspire others, get them hooked on the above five part success formula.
1. Know your outcome
2. Formulate your best plan in writing
3. Take decisive action
4. Gather and evaluate the feedback. Both positive and negative
5. Make progress by continually adapting and evolving
Recognise that the success formula is a continuous process
1. Indecision or unclear targets
2. No written plan - wing it
3. Procrastination – put it off
4. Become disheartened in the face of set-backs and disappointments
5. Stand still. Do the same thing this year as you did last year
Leadership training - Final summary
How will this management training help you to get the best from yourself and others?
Really useful stuff- especially particular conflict and analysing leader/manager role. The trainer's presentation: Clear, well timed and relevant also chance for discussion.
Delegate: Roz Wyatt Company: Lakefield Primary
Price for open training course
The open training course costs only £375 +VAT per delegate per day. For this price we provide:
Full days quality training
Tea, coffee and cakes
Full colour course notes
Written action plan
Access to the Post Course Portal:
Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course.
Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
The training method follows this general pattern:
The training is very interactive and interesting
The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
(At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment
by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can
relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!